Recruitment begins for 2021 class
Eight Central Louisiana leaders graduated from Cenla Boardbuilders, a leadership development program for interested community members who want to become active on local nonprofit boards.
Through Cenla Boardbuilders, a program of Community Development Works and The Rapides Foundation, participants are trained through a series of sessions on the roles and responsibilities of an effective board member. Participants choose from among two learning tracks. Track I is for newly seated board members with limited service experience who are seeking training only. Track II is for individuals with no previous board service who are seeking training and help to connect with local nonprofits.
“Many times, the success of a nonprofit organization is dependent on the effectiveness of its board,” said Ashley Stewart, Director of Programs for The Rapides Foundation. “The Cenla Boardbuilders program provides participants with the training they need to understand the roles and responsibilities of a board member and the tools to contribute to the board on day one of service.”
The following graduates completed the 2020 Cenla Boardbuilders Program:
Track I: Currently serving on a board
· Jessica Cole, Remarkable Experience Coordinator, Ugly Mug Marketing; Nonprofit Partner: Junior League of Alexandria.
· Amanda Gauthier, Graphic Designer, self-employed; Nonprofit Partner: Red River Dance Theatre Company.
· Katherine “Kitty” Winn, Director of Prevention Services, Central Louisiana Human Services District; Nonprofit Partner: United Way of Central Louisiana.
Track II: Seeking board service
· Ronny Briley, Media Consultant, KALB.
· Julianne M. Eason-Grinstead, Postmaster, United States Postal Service.
· China Johnson, CEO, The Afro Vision of Empowerment Society.
· Jeff Langston, Administrative Director of Support Services, Rapides Regional Medical Center.
· Carrisa McDaniel, Realtor, eXp Realty LLC.
The 2020 graduates join a group of 220 Cenla Boardbuilders alumni. Employer partners participate in the program by allowing their employee time off during work hours to attend training sessions and board meetings. Nonprofit partners connect with Cenla Boardbuilders graduates to offer board service opportunities.
For more information about Cenla Boardbuilders or to learn how to participate in the 2021 program, call CDW at 318-443-7880 or toll free at 1-800-803-8075. Cenla Boardbuilders sessions run from August through October. Community Development Works is a program of The Rapides Foundation.
Photo identification (left to right): Ronny Briley, Carissa McDaniel, "Kitty" Winn, China Johnson, Julianne Eason-Grinstead, Jessica Cole, Jeff Langston. Not pictured: Amanda Gauthier.