Access to Care
CMAP Express/Central Fill Pharmacy
To support the Central Fill Pharmacy operations and Patient Assistance Programs in Central Louisiana.
CMAP Express/Cancer Screening Project
To support access to no-cost breast, cervical and colorectal screenings through a mobile unit and partnerships with healthcare providers, and to promote awareness of cancer screening guidelines.
Louisiana Community & Technical College System Foundation
To promote healthy behaviors and improve access to healthcare in Central Louisiana by providing funding to retain practical nursing faculty at three Central Louisiana technical college campuses.
Louisiana State University at Alexandria
To promote healthy behaviors and improve access to healthcare in Central Louisiana by providing funding to retain nursing faculty and increase student clinical studies.
Northwestern State University
To promote healthy behaviors and improve access to healthcare in Central Louisiana by providing funding to retain nursing faculty at the Alexandria campus.
School District Partnership Grants for Tobacco Prevention and Control Initiative and Diet andPhysical Activity Initiative
To conduct district-wide activities to promote a tobacco-free lifestyle (Tobacco Prevention and Control Initiative) for grades 4-12, and to continue Diet and Physical Activity Initiative curriculum for nutrition, physical activity, the promotion of staff wellness and school nutrition continuing education in grades K-8, and expand into grades 9-12 with the Living Healthy Club. Allen Parish, Avoyelles Parish, Catahoula Parish, Grant Parish, Natchitoches Parish, Rapides Parish, and Vernon Parish.
$252,500, 2 years
DASH for a Healthy Lifestyle (Up to $4,000 per group of 20 participants)
To provide a grant opportunity that helps church congregations get healthier together by using the DASH for a Healthy Lifestyle program. DASH (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) is a proven, evidence based nutrition and exercise plan studied at the Pennington
- Biomedical Research Center in Baton Rouge.
- Abundant Life International Ministry
- Bayou Des Glaises Baptist Church
- Ellen Burr Baptist Church
- First Baptist Church Amulet
- First Baptist Church of Oberlin
- First Baptist Church, North Street
- First St. Mark Baptist Church
- First United Methodist Church
- Grace Christian Center
- Morning Star Baptist Church
- Mount Pisgah Baptist Church
- Mount Calvary Missionary Baptist Church
- Mount Triumph Baptist Church
- New Bethel Community Baptist Church
- Rose of Sharon Baptist Church
- Second Evening Star Missionary Baptist Church
- St. John Community Church
- St. Mark Baptist Church
- St. Matthew Baptist Church
- St. Peter Baptist Church
- The Pentecostals of Alexandria
- True Vine Missionary Baptist Church
Diet and Physical Activity Community Partnership
Grants (Up to $25,000 each)
- Cenla Educational Community Service Foundation – To promote healthy eating for 25 low income families within a 10-block radius of Lower Third Street, Alexandria.
- Grace Christian School – To conduct school-based Diet & Physical Activity Initiative curriculum for nutrition, physical activity, the promotion of staff wellness and school nutrition continuing education in grades K-8.
- House of Praise Full Gospel MBC – To build a walking trail and to encourage church and community members to get more physically fit by walking in a safe environment.
Southern University Agricultural Research & Extension Center – To implement school-based gardens in five collaborating schools and pre- schools in Avoyelles Parish.
- Town of Olla – To install outdoor fitness equipment at an existing walking track and playground area to provide exercise options for the public.
Town of Tullos – To install outdoor exercise stations for the use of teens and young adults in an existing walking park.
- Village of Moreauville – To add a Water Splash Park to the newly opened playground.
CMAP Express/Healthy Lifestyle Program
To continue implementation of the Healthy Lifestyle Program as a resource for Central Louisiana physicians, residents and work sites. is is a demonstration and educational program on proper nutrition and physical activity for good health aimed at fighting obesity in Central Louisiana.
$700,000, 2 years
Central Louisiana Area Health Education Center
To implement a Foundation-developed workplan to implement the Tar Wars program; to coordinate a high-impact Kick Butts Day; and to do outreach related to tobacco-free workplace policies.
Southwest Louisiana Area Health Education Center
To implement a Foundation-developed workplan in Allen Parish to coordinate Kick Butts Day; to engage in discussions within the parish about tobacco-free workplace policies; and to continue working to decrease tobacco prevalence rates and increase community involvement in a local coalition for cessation of tobacco use.
Mini Opportunity and Program Opportunity Grants
Baton Rouge AIDS Society
To continue to conduct a CDC intervention in Rapides Parish to reduce teen pregnancy and HIV infection, working through the Louisiana Prevention Training Center in cooperation with churches in the African-American community.
$134,000, 2 years
Central Louisiana AIDS Support Services
To implement the evidence-based education program, Be Proud! Be Responsible!, to provide teen pregnancy and HIV/AIDS education to African-American male teens. The program will be implemented in partnership with other organizations including: CLASS, Zion Hill Baptist Church, Christian Love Baptist Church and Kappa Alpha Psi fraternity.