Cenla Boardbuilders Graduates Class of 2018
11 leaders graduate from program
Eleven Central Louisiana leaders graduated October 19 from Cenla Boardbuilders, a leadership development program for emerging leaders to become active as members of local nonprofit boards.
Through Cenla Boardbuilders, a program of Community Development Works and The Rapides Foundation, participants are trained through a series of sessions on the roles and responsibilities of an effective board member. Two learning tracks are available: Track I, for newly seated board members with limited service experience who are seeking training only; and Track II, for individuals with no previous board service who are seeking training and help to connect with local nonprofits.
"We think it's absolutely necessary that nonprofits have board members that are trained, know what their role is as board members, and have the skills to contribute to the board," said Ashley Stewart, Director of Programs for The Rapides Foundation. "We believe this program helps build nonprofit capacity and strength in Central Louisiana.”
The 2018 program graduates join a group of 202 Cenla Boardbuilders alumni.
The following graduates completed the 2018 Cenla Boardbuilders Program:
Track I: Currently serving on a board
• Diane Barney, retired; Nonprofit Partner: Vernon Parish Tourism Commission
• Elize Howerton, retired; Nonprofit Partner: Vernon Parish Tourism Commission
Track II: Seeking board service
• Linda Carpenter, Medical Laboratory Technologist, CHRISTUS St. Frances Cabrini Hospital
• Sylvia Coody, Secretary, Coody Roofing
• Sem Ganthier, Assistant Vice President of Operations, Rapides Regional Medical Center
• Tessa Myrick, Grant Monitor, Self-employed
• Cornelia Pickens-Sutton, retired
• Tomyka Sanders, Executive Administrative Assistant, Rapides Parish Drug Court
• Joseph Sharp, Human Resources Manager, Diamond B Construction
• Trayce Snow, Senior Program Officer, The Rapides Foundation
• Nicholas Wright, student, Walden University
Employer partners participate in the program by allowing their employee time off during work hours to attend training sessions and board meetings. Nonprofit partners connect with Cenla Boardbuilders graduates to offer board service opportunities.
For more information about Cenla Boardbuilders or participate in the 2019 program, call CDW at 318-443-7880 or toll free at 1-800-803-8075. Community Development Works is a program of The Rapides Foundation.