Cancer Screening Van Visits Cenla Parishes
Check the calendar for a clinic near you in 2017
The Cenla Medication Access Program’s cancer screening van will visit locations throughout Central Louisiana to offer eligible residents free breast, colorectal and cervical cancer screenings.
Upcoming clinic dates are:
- October 24 and 25; Avoyelles Parish; Appointment deadline: October 9
- November 7 and 8; Vernon Parish; Appointment deadline: October 23
- November 21 and 22; LaSalle Parish; Appointment deadline: November 6
- December 5 and 6; Rapides Parish; Appointment deadline: November 20
- December 19 and 20; Allen Parish; Appointment deadline: December 4
- January 9 and 10; Natchitoches Parish; Appointment deadline: January 3
- January 23 and 24; Avoyelles Parish; Appointment deadline: January 15
- February 6 and 7; Vernon Parish; Appointment deadline: January 29
- February 20 and 21; Grant Parish; Appointment deadline: February 12
The screening van is a partnership between The Rapides Foundation, CMAP and the Partners in Wellness Program at Feist-Weiller Cancer Center at LSU Health Shreveport.
Services provided on the van include clinical breast exams, mammograms, Pap smears, pelvic exams and take-home colorectal cancer kits. Appointments are required, and residents should contact the CMAP Cancer Screening Project to see if they meet income and insurance qualifications.
Annual breast and cervical screenings are recommended for women ages 40-64, and colorectal screenings for men and women ages 50-64.
To request an appointment, please call Cancer Screening Specialist Kayla Edwards at 318-767-3027 or toll-free at 1-855-767-3027. For more information, please visit the CMAP website, cmaprx.org.
The Cancer Screening Van offers eligible Cenla residents free breast, cervical and colon cancer screenings.